September is emergency preparedness month! Are you prepared enough? Find out October 6th from 11am to 3pm at the 5th Annual Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair happening at Fire Station 87 in Granada Hills.
In the business world, one of the least desirable markets to get into is safety and protection. The reason for this is because it is bad business to make people think about the negative things in life and THEN expect them to prepare for it. But, lets take a few seconds and find out your level of preparedness.
What are your answers to the following questions?
- Do you have your First Aid Kit?
- Do you know what to do in an emergency?
- How much water do you have if the “Big One” Hits?
- Do you know how to administer basic First Aid?
- Do you know where your gas turn off is? Do you know how to shut it off?
All of these questions, while good ones, are the kinds of questions that carry with them certain kinds of emotional anxiety about not knowing what to do, not having a few days water on hand after an earthquake, or having more than a few band-aids and a half empty bottle of peroxide in the cupboard.
As uncomfortable as it is to think about these questions, the upcoming Valley Disaster Preparedness Fair is coming to help make answering them.
The event is a-one day multi-agency preparedness fair with information booths, demonstrations, and more than 400 emergency preparedness kits and resources giveaways to help make you safe and secure when you need it the most.
And, be sure to come hungry as the Northridge Neighborhood Council will be on hand serving up free hot dogs, burgers and ice cream from noon to 2pm.
While you’re there, be sure to look for:
- Yogi Bear Shakey-Quakey School House
- Free Child ID program
- HAM Radio station/demonstration by LAFD ACS
- LAFD Jaws-of-Life demonstration
- LADWP Electric Diorama and Safety Demonstration
- Red Cross Information & Kids Safety Puppet Show
- LAPD Mobile Command Post
- Southern California Gas Company
5th Annual Valley Preparedness Fair
When: Saturday, October 6th, 2012, 11am – 3pm
Where: Fire station #87, 10124 Balboa Blvd, Granada Hills
(image credit: LAFD)
Links of interests: